During the 9th Summit of the Organization of Turkic States held in Samarkand on 11 of November, the Presidents of Turkic States has signed a special decision on the establishment of Turkic Investment Fund and according to this decision H.E.Baghdad Amreyev who has completed his office as the Secretary General of the Organization of Turkic States was appointed as the President of the Turkic Investment Fund.
The Turkic Investment Fund will be the first and main joint financial institution established by Turkic States and aims to mobilize the economic potential of Member States of the Organization Turkic States to strengthen the trade and economic cooperation between them and to implement joint projects.
It will mainly support small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) by providing them finance through the Fund’s assets as well as other competent financial institutions.
The priorities of the Fund will be fostering entrepreneurship, growth, job creation, research and innovation, socioeconomic development of the Member States.
The Fund shall support the following areas;
• Agriculture (food processing, agribusiness, agro parks etc.),
• Logistics and transport,
• Energy efficiency, renewable and alternative energy,
• Industrial projects in manufacturing (textile, motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment, aviation equipment, chemical etc.),
• Information and Communication Technologies,
• Infrastructure projects,
• Public Private Partnership projects,
• Human development (education, health, research centres etc.)
• Creative industries (digital economy, cultural activities music, movie, design etc.)
• Natural and urban environment schemes (water, waste, clean air, urban transport etc.).