His Excellency Rawan Jumabek, the Consul General of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the UAE and North Emirates, discuss during a meeting with H.E Hamid M.K. Al-Naimiy, Chancellor, University of Sharjah, UAE, Professor of Space Astrophysics, UOS, the Educational and and heritage relations between UAE and Kazakhstan, as well as follow-up of Kazakh students studying at the university, and the academic advantages it provides to students. learners.
The Consul General expressed his happiness and gratitude to meet Professor Al-Naimiy, praising his wonderful efforts in consolidating the concepts of real and natural heritage, while at the same time informing him about the culture and heritage of the Republic of Kazakhstan, past and present.
The Consul General awarded Professor Al-Naimiy the traditional Kazakh medal of honor called “Shapan”, which is awarded to important figures who played a leading role in traditional and social life, while the two sides exchanged souvenirs that embody the strength and durability of relations between the two friendly countries.
The Kazakh Consul General expressed his admiration for the educational achievements made in the Emirate of Sharjah and said: “The University of Sharjah (UOS) is a private, non-profit institution of higher education in the UAE. It was founded in October 1997 by its Founder, President and Chairman, Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah, to meet the educational needs of the Emirate of Sharjah.
The University of Sharjah ranks among the top ten universities in the UAE, ranking 4th in the national rankings, an impressive feat achieved in less than 25 years.
He add:”UOS is one of the largest universities in the UAE. As of the spring semester of 2020-2021, the university had 16,188 students, and explained that the University of Sharjah (UOS) is a private, non-profit higher education institution in the United Arab Emirates, which was established in October 1997 by its founder, president and chairman Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah, to meet the educational needs of the Emirate of Sharjah.
Prior to his appointment as Chancellor of the University of Sharjah on 01-20-2014, Prof. Hamid Al-Naimiy served as Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College of Sciences, UOS, UAE, from 2010-2015.
Also Prof. Al- Naimiy served as Acting Dean of the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences & Dean of the College of Sciences, UOS, UAE, from 2008-2010. and served as Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences , UOS, UAE,from 2006-2008.
Prior to occupying different positions at the University of Sharjah, Prof. Al-Naimiy worked at different universities in the UAE and the Arab world :
• Chairman of the Physics Department, UAE University, Al Ain, UAE, from 2001-2006
• Dean / Institute of Astronomy and Space Science, Al al-Bayt University, Jordan, 1994-2001.
• Chair / Physics Department /College of Science/ University of Baghdad/ 1990 – 1994
• Director General /Astronomy and Space Science Center/Iraqi Council for Scientific Research/ President Office, 1980 – 1989.
• Vice President of the Academic Iraqi Scientific Societies 1982- 1988.
• General Secretary of Arab Union for physics & Mathematics 1984-1990.
• Prof. Al-Naimiy obtained the Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from The University of Baghdad; 1971. He graduated from Manchester University; UK with the Masters degree in Astronomy and Doctoral Degree in Astrophysics in 1975 and 1978 respectively.